The Education Pack is specially designed for research and public education organizations. It brings together the elements that allow teachers to complement theoretical lessons with practical implementations and tools that are used daily in industry.
Kill two birds with one stone by using SCANeR in your teaching: Indeed, the students have the possibility of implementing industrial tools. On the other hand, SCANeR being very open and modular, is a great opportunity to allow students and researchers to experiment, to design their own vehicle dynamics, to interface with any type of material necessary for such and such experimentation etc.
In order to meet the needs of the teachers, the Education Pack is available in two versions depending on whether or not the department has a simulator. In both cases, the Pack includes a set of 10 licenses which are used by the students for practical work, collaborative projects, multi-simulation…
If necessary, the Education Pack can be supplemented with any of the other Packs. Typically, for research around driver and passenger behavior, the Human Factor Pack will be used. In education, the Massive Simulation and NCAP & Regulation packs have their place.
For the Simulation Pack: This Pack is available as an annual subscription and it includes a set of three Packs.
- The Foundation Pack: it includes everything that is necessary and sufficient to design its models (terrain, traffic, sensors…). Connect them to each other. Launch a simulation in minutes.
- The AD/ADAS Pack: enables the implementation of functional sensors (radar, lidar, functional camera, image camera, E-Horizon, lighting, ultrasound, etc.) in its simulations. It is then possible to design and validate the behavior of autonomous vehicles. Details of the AD/ADAS Pack are on this page.
- The Student Pack: It includes a set of 10 licenses. These allow students to use the Foundation and ADAS Packs in order to realise practical work, set up collaborative projects, program all or part of SCANeR in Python, C ++, develop control laws, develop and validate artificial intelligence. a vehicle… etc.
For the Simulator Pack: This Pack is available as a perpetual license and it includes a set of four Packs.
- The Foundation Pack: It brings together everything that is necessary and sufficient to design its models (terrain, traffic, sensors, etc.). Connect them to each other. Launch a simulation in minutes. Note that within the Pack For Simulator the Pack Foundation includes 2 additional visuals which allows for a monitoring screen and 2 screens for the simulator itself (see the previous illustration).
- The AD/ADAS Pack: Enables the implementation of functional sensors (radar, lidar, functional camera, image camera, E-Horizon, lighting, ultrasound, etc.) in its simulations. It is then possible to design and validate the behavior of autonomous vehicles. Details of the AD/ADAS Pack are on this page.
- The Simulators Pack: It allows you to connect SCANeR to a Simulator. This includes, among other things, interfaces with axis controls, force feedbacks etc. Details of the Simulators Pack are on this page.
- The Student Pack: It includes a set of 10 licenses. These allow students to use the Foundation and ADAS Packs in order to carry out practical work, set up collaborative projects, program all or part of SCANeR in Python, C ++, develop control laws, develop and validate artificial intelligence etc.
Software platform widely used in industry but not only …
By visiting the Reference page of the site, we realize the diversity of industrial customers. There are more than 150 of them and they have rightly placed SCANeR at the heart of their industrial strategy. Typically the latter is used at different stages of development which, throughout the V-cycle, go from the design phase to the test of the finalized product (VIL for example). Choosing the Education Pack is the assurance of allowing students to work on products that they will encounter in work-study, internship or following their hiring.
The Reference page also shows the very large number of universities, schools and laboratories that use SCANeR. Choosing the Education Pack therefore means becoming a member of a very large international community where the problems you encounter have already been resolved. Generally what convinces the users is the great versatility of the product, the fact that it is open, interfaced with any type of material, respects standards and has APIs allowing it to be used with almost any language: Python, C ++, LabVIEW …
Over 500 scientific publications have already used SCANeR and there is a very good reason for this. Whether in internship, thesis, research, with SCANeR, students and researchers have the possibility of enriching the simulation software with their own algorithms, whatever the execution platform: simulator, PC farm, cloud … SCANeR is both a formidable playground that allows you to test your ideas, collect data, refine your thinking … Whether through its history (SCANeR is the result of research), its philosophy or its design , SCANeR adapts perfectly to the scientific method and facilitates the experimentation of ideas.
Learning and skills acquisition
SCANeR makes it possible to discover all the aspects and all the professions of simulation. Design of dynamic models, 3D design, real-time, development of test plans, scenario design, massive simulation, AI validation… Choosing the SCANeR platform for teaching is the guarantee of having a stable environment, which does not depend on any third-party software and is therefore very efficient. Beyond traditional usage, SCANeR allows students and researchers to replace all or part of the software with their own algorithm. Typically this allows you to experiment with your own model of vehicle or plug in your own artificial intelligence. It is this freedom, this independence and this autonomy that allow students to be passionate and to acquire new knowledge in the long term.