N12, A12 & A13 road network
This road network is a set of three real-world road sections, including road surface elements, road defects, horizontal and vertical signs, and real environments directly integrate into SCANeR. It is used by our customers to simulate day and night driving across various kinds of simulation:
- AD/ADAS simulation
- Powertrain simulation
- Vehicle dynamics simulation
- Vehicle Front Projector simulation (Lighting)
- 33.8 kilometers of road
- Surface: 77.22 mi²
- 194 intersections
- 6 complex interchanges
- 7 roundabouts.
- 30 structures (brdges and tunnels)
- 54 types of surfaces
-Asphalt (44 variations)
-Pavement (7 variations)
-Grass (3 variations)
- 18 types of ground markings
- 137 types of road profiles
- 578 signaling objects installed (excluding scenery, trees, and bridges) on the logical content of the route, recognizable by the traffic model or sensors.
Quality of land and roads
- Altimetry true to reality.
- Visual representation of terrain and roads consistent with running surface (slopes, speed bumps, deformations, curbs, sidewalks).
- Vertical signs (direction, speed limit, prohibition, danger, lane change).
- Traffic and Lane indication lights. The timing of the lights is generic.
- Ground Marking (all types of lines, arrows, text, crosswalks, speed bumps, checkerboards, symbols).
- Information panels: generic.
The EDF and Telecom pylons, poles and cables bring a significant touch, so they are represented. These have a high level of detail on the faces visible from the road around 50 meters.
Works near the road
Bridges, tunnels, buildings, interchanges and other large, significant or “shaping” structures on the ground are present. Their level of detail varies with the distance to the road.
Vegetation and elements of nature
The vegetation bordering the roads (bushes, grass, forestation, tree groves) are represented. Their modelling is representative of reality, and their level of detail depends on their proximity to the road. A high level of detail is used at the roadside, up to 50 meters.
The « separators » are separation objects that go alongside the roads, for example:
- The metal slides
- Track separation walls and their attributes
- Fences along roads, fields and properties
- Shelters for public transport users
- Useful objects for the circulation or limitation of traffic vehicles (gates, terminals, time stamps, bicycle racks)
- Small monuments (sculptures, memorials)
Roadside lighting (visible up to 20 meters) is represented and is functional (provides lighting as soon according to lighting situation demands).
Animals are visible in the fields to increase realism.