The DRIVER module included in the SCANeR studio Essential package controls the main interface between the software and the actual cockpit.
This interface is bi-directional:
- Acquisition of the actions of the driver on the cockpit (steering wheel, pedals, buttons …),
- Computing of the feedbacks to render to the driver (e.g.: torque in the steering wheel, light signals).
Three driving modes are available:
- Human Driver: for driver in the loop simulation (real driver).
- Virtual Driver: for vehicle development, setup and engineering, it is a virtual driver with open or closed loop commands control (lateral and/or longitudinal).
- Traffic Driver (optional module Traffic and Pedestrian required): controls the vehicle using the Traffic module.
Several drivers may be used in the same simulation session (for each additional driver into the loop, one Driver optional module is required).
GUI are available to monitor and configure driving parameters:
|Main features :||
|Included simulation modules||
|For Traffic Driver please see TRAFFIC module technical data.|